Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ding Dong the book is dead!!!!

Finally! I have finished the book. I don't think that I have been this challenged in a long time. This booked kicked my ass up and down the street. The book I'm talking about is "The Rise ok Theodore Roosevelt" by Edmund Morris. Now don't get me wrong. This is excellent book! The way that Morris brings out the minute details without boring you is great! But there were more words and phrases from the late 1800's and early 1900's then in all the books that I have read. The book is TR's life up to the point where he becomes president. I honestly didn't know much about the man before now. I mean I knew about the rough riders and San Juan Hill. But there is so much more that I didn't know about his early years. The book won the Pulitzer. Probable deservedly so. But I'm not the best judge in this area. This was the first book of three. The second book is "Theodore Rex" and the third has not been completed. I have the second book. In fact it is sitting right next to me! With Teddy's little eyes burrowing into my head. Saying read me! Read me! Do I really want to give up another 2-3 months of my life? There has got to be something more remedial around to read. Oh yes I have a copy of the Social Security reform code. Yeah that will do!

Betty front: Still great! She must be over looking my flaws. Because I know that she has seen them by now.

Knee front: All is well that can be expected.

Poker front: I suck and it shows! I have moved from A level status back to B level (my own rating)

My roommate on the other hand is a rock star! Big match today.

Until my people are free,
Lategreatjc

No comments: